bits from bob....
by Robert J. Young
©, 2003, Robert J. Young
[permission is given to reprint with credit noted]
Perhaps these borrowed thoughts will help us think again about the "stuff" of life and what really matters. Read prayerfully!
- Life isn't about keeping score. Period!
- It's not about how many friends you have, or how much "stuff" you have.
- It's not about how many people accept you, or even about how many people like you.
- It isn't even about if you have somewhere to go or something to do this weekend.
- It's not about who your family is or how much money they have.
- It's not about what kind of car your drive or what size house you live in.
- It isn't about how pretty you may or may not be.
- It isn't about the clothes you wear or what shoes you have on.
- It isn't about how smart you are or how smart others think you are.
Jesus taught about the priorities of life (greatest commandments) in Mark 12:28-34. Why not take a few minutes to read the text again and make your own "life" lists. Remember--getting started is sometimes the hardest thing to do. Forgetting about self and what we have. Beginning to think about what God wants from us. Getting involved in others' lives and loving them.
- About whom you love.
- About making others around you happy.
- About being there when another person needs you, life is about serving others.
- About keeping another's trust.
- About friendship.
- About what you say and mean, and doing it.
- About using your life to touch other people's hearts and souls.
- About being and child of God and doing what his will directs.
Go to Articles Index
Last updated November 5, 2003.